Large companies rely on their Human Resources department to provide the whole company with immediate updates regarding their activities as well as cultivating company culture among employees.
Corporations above certain size and geographic scope have adopted social intranets for their internal communication as face-to-face meetings and print communication are too costly, inefficient and slow.
Emailing multiple versions of the same document may lead to confusion and information overload.
Instead, web-based technology permits more suitable and interactive communication no matter the users’ location, rank or occupation.
Startups, design studios and small companies have the ability to act quickly as decisions are not caught up in layers of management bureaucracy.
Nonetheless, a more nimble and inclusive communicational space to ensure successful growth is usually needed as well.
This tutorial will help you create a simple board where members can post weekly reports, memos, and goals so that everyone is always on the same page.
Every company suffers from communicational issues regardless of its size and composition. You can now create a simplified intranet using MURAL. It will take less than 10 minutes and it’s free.
Steps for creating a Message Board using MURAL
1. Open a new mural. Define whether you want to have a big space with no boundaries or maybe use a Grid (2x2 or 3x3) to delimit possible topics.
In case different managers or members are responsible for delivering separate news, it is probably better to use Grids and allocate a quadrant to each collaborator. Go to Frameworks and drag and drop the Grid on the mural.
2. In our example, we also changed the Background (just drag and drop the one you like most from the toolbar on the left). Before adding more information, we recommend you to Lock the grid so that it will not accidentally move afterwards. In case you want to expand or remove it later on, you can go over the grid, right click it and select Unlock.
3. You can add titles or tags to the sections so that browsing the information becomes more agile. To do so, drag and drop a Text Box where you find more convenient - remember you can now enrich the text. To create new tags, you can right click the Text Box and Duplicate it.
4. You can now invite other members to add and view information. In case you want to invite several new users, create an Invite Link at the tab Share in the header.
5. To insert videos, files and images just drag and drop them on the canvas. When you want to add a Title or Post-it to a specific file or image, hold down the SHIFT key and click on both, right click and select Group – you can later Ungroup them by click over the images again.
Take me to MURAL!