MURAL helps teams put imagination to work, empowering organizations to collaborate so they can be more productive and unlock new ideas, solve hard problems, and innovate faster. Organizations include people from different places, with different experiences and varying abilities. We aim to give a voice to all collaborators, making it possible to share any perspective.
In service of this goal, MURAL is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with diverse abilities. In this statement, we outline the initial steps we're taking as a company to build a better, more accessible visual collaboration product. Our work to improve the user experience in MURAL is ongoing, and we aim to meet and exceed the standard for ubiquitous accessibility.
MURAL has a dedicated team pursuing the following initiatives to improve the accessibility of our product features and content:
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Conduct an audit and provide an Accessibility Conformance Report (also known as VPAT), to create a clear picture of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) compliance and a baseline for our work.
- Develop a dedicated roadmap to address WCAG compliance, accessible experiences, and accessible UI components through a design system.
- Partner with clients’ accessibility teams to design innovative and inclusive products and ensure our tools are genuinely accessible.
- Include people with disabilities in our design personas.
WCAG conformance status
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. MURAL is currently non-conformant with WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards.